a collection of vegan recipes

---

chocolate & vanilla kale smoothie variations


When you can't decide on breakfast, have it all - a saying I live by. The other day, I decided to have raw crepes, raw buckwheat cereal, a smoothie, and a raw bagel with avocado mash for breakfast. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EAT BREAKFAST LIKE A KING, LUNCH LIKE A PRINCE, AND DINNER LIKE A PAUPER. 
adelle davis

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Okay so maybe I haven't been entirely true to that statement lately-- I feel as though I've been dining majestically at all meals. But hey, who's to judge? Either way, part of today's breakfast included some smoothies that I never thought of trying before. You see, usually when I think of smoothies, I think of loading in everything I can to make it the most nutrition-packed green goodness possible. I guess "keeping it simple" never crossed my mind, even though I've heard claims that the simplest smoothies are, in fact, the tastiest. Halfway through my blending this morning, I decided to pour out some of my original smoothie into a cup, and add a few more ingredients to the rest to test out a few new flavours. The verdict? Heaven. And for those of you who aren't completely in love with kale (yet) like I am, great news: You can't even taste it!

Note: don't question the kiwi, just throw it in. You can thank me later ;)

The recipes: 
Make one cup of thick smoothie each, or 2 cups thin (if you dilute it with some more milk)

Basic vanilla shake

1 cup kale
1 cup non-dairy milk
1 banana
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of cardamom
sweetener, to taste

Chocolate kiwi shake

1 cup kale
1 cup non-dairy milk
1 banana
1 kiwi
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp cacao
pinch of nutmeg
sweetener, to taste

Blend together, pour into glasses, and savour the deliciousness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment