a collection of vegan recipes

---

raw pumpkin pie porridge

I always do this. I start eating clean, I feel clean, I feel great, and then I go and eat 3 muffins in a day (despite cravings for fresh fruit and veggies) and I wonder why I've got a stomach ache and a sore ego. And so then I resolve to start eating more living foods again- I keep that up for a while, and the same thing happens. Oh well, that's life. Either way, today was muffin day. I'm not feeling so fly on the whole; maybe my lack of clean foods lately isn't helping me fight off this bug that seems to be taking over my body. So, I decided to blend up some raw, healthy porridge to have ready for the next few days in case I'm too bed-bound to prepare anything else!


Enough for 3 small servings, but top them off as you wish!

1 + 1/4 cup soaked buckwheat* (measured after soaking)
3 oz non-dairy milk (a little over 1/4 cup)
1/2 large banana
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 tbsp ground flax
1 tbsp chia seed
vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, pumpkin pie spice etc.
sweetener, to taste

In your blender or food processor, combine 1 cup of the soaked buckwheat groats (reserving the remaining 1/4 cup) and the remaining ingredients, processing until smooth. Stir in the leftover groats. Sprinkle with some coconut, walnuts, and more fresh/dried fruit. Eat it up, and/or refrigerate the leftovers.

*For some simple, uncomplicated help with soaking, click here!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVERYONE THINKS OF CHANGING THE WORLD, BUT NO ONE THINKS OF CHANGING HIMSELF.
leo tolstoy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nutrition (1/3 of recipe):
168.5 kcal
fat 3.3g
carbs 22.4g 
protein 5.6g

No comments:

Post a Comment