a collection of vegan recipes

---

rawtkober: day sixteen

Yesterday, I ran into a raw foodist friend of mine from a few years back. He immediately asked, "are you eating raw? Because you're absolutely glowing!" He told me twice. I blushed the whole way home. Maybe he's right- I do feel lighter, airier, and my skin has been clearer than usual. It sure is nice to hear, though. Do you feel any changes?
     Oh! I absolutely have to share my corn salad recipe. It's heaven, I swear. I feel like it's summer again. Also, I put up the recipes for raw carrot cake and my raw thanksgiving, like I promised. Sorry for the delay-- I don't think I can commit to this whole post-a-day thing long term, I just get so busy with schoolwork (and wine- ahem) sometimes!
Serves one

1 ear's worth of corn
1 avocado, diced
1 tomato, diced
1/2 apple, diced
not very much onion, diced
some cucumber, diced (optional)
handful basil leaves (or dried), or any desired herbs
few grape tomatoes, halved
garlic powder, or 1 clove
salt & pepper
dash of cayenne
nutritional yeast

Combine ingredients and eat. Perfect on its own, or serve over... a bed of salad greens?

No comments:

Post a Comment